M. Firon & Co. has vast experience in the field of immigration law. The firm represents wealthy businesspeople wishing to make aliya (immigrate) to Israel and advises them on a wide range of legal issues.
M. Firon & Co. has a highly experienced immigration law practice. The firm represents wealthy businesspeople seeking to immigrate to Israel, advising them on a broad range of legal issues. The firm’s clients include high-net-worth individuals who receive advice on immigrating to Israel, returning residents’ issues, Israeli and foreign taxation, citizenship, and questions regarding their marital and family status, including common-law spouses, marriage and divorce, inheritance law, as well as comprehensive consultancy about their assets in Israel and around the world.
The firm’s attorneys specialize in personal wealth management during the immigration process by using creative tools and planning an efficient legal and taxation structure for each asset that considers current and future needs. The firm has extensive experience in discussions and negotiations with the authorities and institutions responsible for handling “olim” and other immigrants, including embassies, Ministry of the Interior, Ministry of Immigrant Absorption, National Insurance Institute, Israel Tax Authority, etc.
The firm’s practice is not limited solely to Israel. M. Firon & Co.’s lawyers have close working relationships with accountants, lawyers, financial institutions, and the various authorities in many countries around the world. This extensive network of contacts in Israel and overseas, together with thorough knowledge of immigration laws, enables the firm’s attorneys to support clients throughout the immigration process, from beginning the process overseas, through handling the issues that arise over the move, and on to arrangements for permanent residency in Israel.
Our firm has unique expertise in providing legal support and assistance to Israeli and international companies in issuing working permits and visas to foreign experts, enabling them to work in Israel. This encompasses handling the employee’s entire process from start to finish.
In recent years, we have seen a significant increase in the employment of foreign experts in Israel, resulting from growing globalization and the transfer of skilled employees between countries. There has also been a substantial rise in both national and private projects and mega-projects, which are often carried out by overseas companies and foreign experts who possess unique know-how for implementing these projects.
Comprehensive and Full Service includes:
- Filing applications for foreign expert work visas and permits;
- Filing applications for visas for commercial visitors;
- Temporary resident visas, Israeli citizenship, permanent residence for married spouses or common-law partners of Israeli citizens;
- Immigration to Israel under the Entry into Israel Law, visas to stay in Israel, including assisting foreign citizens who were rejected from being allowed to enter Israel;
- Assisting with settling client statuses opposite the Population and Immigration Authority and the Ministry of Interior by submitting applications for Israeli identity cards, passports and travel documents;
- Assisting with and advising on the “aliya” process to Israel vis-a-vis the Jewish Agency, Nativ, the Ministry of Absorption, the National Insurance Institute, with obtaining provisional and permanent residency, returning residency, returning minors, migrant citizens, etc., under the Law of Return; Submitting internal appeals to the Population and Immigration Authority, the Ministry of Interior, representing clients before the administrative appeal and petition tribunals;
- Applications for foreign worker permits in the nursing sector and obtaining work visas for foreigners working in the nursing sector;
- Advising clients throughout the process of checking paternity as well as paternity, familial relationships and genetic testing claims;
- Submitting applications to humanitarian committees.