The firm’s lawyers have acquired over the years extensive practical experience in conducting M&A Transactions and Investment Transactions with Chinese entities (Cross Border Transactions), including dealing with foreign regulations (with the assistance of Chinese professionals), and have developed good familiarity with the changes in legislation in light of recent market developments, as well as a deep understanding of the customary standard for transactions with Chinese entities. The firm’s team has the ability to operate creatively and build comprehensive deal structures in order to overcome the challenges that derive from transactions with Chinese entities, in which the exception is more common than the standard. The firm’s partners are also skilled in the unique regulatory fields, such as Israel’s tech export restrictions and supervision, various tax restrictions, and considering international political, security, and competitive considerations.
The firm’s main activities in China are in the field of medical devices, digital medicine, agriculture, telecommunication, fintech, and other tech sectors. The firm provides its clients with a broad spectrum of complementary expertise for transactions in China, including introducing Israeli technology companies to potential Chinese investors, accompanying and promoting investments from Chinese and Asian investors in Israel, and work in full collaboration with the best local professionals in China, including legal advisors, accountants, tax consultants, and appraisers.
Thus, for example, the firm represents Chinese investment funds, Chinese incubator companies, and Chinese entities, which yielded huge M&A Transactions and Investment Transactions in several Israeli technology companies.
The firm provides a broad range of legal services required for transactions with Chinese entities, with an emphasis on the uniqueness regarding both the business and cultural environment that are required for the success of the transaction, and has also consummated numerous transaction structured by establishing a joint venture in China, jointly owned by the Israeli technology company and the Chinese investor.
Comprehensive and Full Service includes:
- Accompanying Chinese investors in negotiations, preparation of transaction documents, conducting legal due diligence, and obtaining regulatory approvals as part of M&A Transactions and Investment Transactions in Israel;
- Accompanying Israeli technology companies in negotiations, preparation of transaction documents, conducting legal due diligence, and obtaining regulatory approvals as part of M&A Transactions and Investment Transactions in China;
- Establishment of joint ventures in China jointly owned by Chinese entities and Israeli technology companies;
- Preparing transaction documents in connection with the establishment of joint ventures in China, including shareholders agreements, complex license agreements, services agreements, etc.;
- Assistance with applying for grants from the Government in China;
- Dealing with regulatory approvals and restrictions in Israel and China;
- Rich work experience with consultants and experts in China, in accompanying transactions.